Some common pitfalls that may have a great impact on your home business…
- Lack of a dedicated work area in your home that is free from distractions preferably a separate room where you can be alone and able to work without any interruptions.
- This will make you aware that when YOU ARE IN YOUR OFFICE THAT YOU ARE THERE FOR A PURPOSE. This will give your efforts more meaning and you will find that you are much more productive.
- Lack of organized work periods. Having specific times of day to work and manage your business is crucial. Imagine having an outside business without having designated hours of operation. No one would have any idea as to when your business and or your product would be available.
- Lack of consistency. Develop a set routine and advise all family members that your office space is off-limits during business hours. Try and keep your hours of operation as consistent as possible.
- Not leaving any time for fun. Remember that all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
Suggestions to overcome the common pitfalls threatening your home business…
For a successful home business you must acquire a sense of discipline. What is discipline you may ask. Very good question. Discipline is a system of rules of conduct or method of training to improve strength or self-control in order to complete certain tasks in order to achieve the results that you are looking for.
To properly start a home business you also require a plan. Without a plan you run the risk of running your business into the ditch. Making a plan for your business requires a certain amount of discipline.